In advice

dive into the unknown.



New beginnings.

This whole thing feels like one. I’ve just finished my current job, I’m moving in with my boyfriend, and – let’s face it – I’ve recently crossed some invisible border of being 25. It feels like so many ends, but also new beginnings. And since it’s the beginning of the new month and of the second half of 2017, maybe it is a good time to start new projects, which have been on my mind for the longest time.

Something has to end for something else to start. And even though it feels a little overwhelming not to know what the future will bring (and trust me I’m kinda controlling) I feel positive and I know that everything will be alright.

So if you are in the similar situation of redefining yourself and your life, take your time. Mourn over the things that you leave behind if you need to. Get your journal out and write down your feelings about your situation – it helps a lot, and what I’ve noticed is that once I pour all my anxieties onto the pages of my journal, I start writing about my hopes and blessings. This just comes naturally.

Write about all the things that you want to accomplish in the near future, and how you want to feel and be like. Take care of yourself, whether through exercise, good food or simply putting a face mask on and listening to your favorite music. Do you baby.

Once you know what you want, create a plan. What has to happen for me to achieve this goal? What are the steps I need to take in order to be a little bit closer to my vision? What does the person I strive to be behaves like, dresses like? How does that person communicate with others? Write down everything that comes to your mind. Are you satisfied? Does the goal feel more attainable now?

The secret is you have to see it before you can get it. Visualize yourself already having what you’ve written down. Can you behave more like a person you strive to become, right now? It may seem fake at first, but it will get easier.

Remember: you do it for you, not for anyone else. Have the guts to stick with it.

Good luck to all of you.

XX


- S.

Related Articles

0 comments:

Popular Posts